- Black, Bisexual, Ace protagonist (Alice--my first read with BIPOC female Ace rep; I've read gay romance/erotica with ace rep)
- Japanese-American (Takumi) and Filipino (Ryan, I believe) characters
- This book normalizes therapy which I loved so much!
- It also explore themes of toxic or unbalanced friendships, as well as family pressure in dictating your future. Super important for a new adult novel because we tend to think it's something that impacts young people/teens. I don't know about you, but I did NOT feel very "adulty" at 19 in undergrad.
- Some poly vibes from Alice/Feenie/Ryan as a part platonic throuple (at least platonic from Alice's end).
- Takumi and Alice are absolutely adorbs. I love how open and direct they were about their feelings in the end.
- This story made me Squeee through most of it. Definitely warmed my heart and exactly what I needed to escape the stresses of work the past week.
- Would highly recommend for diversity, humor, and mega sweetness. 💜
Have you read this? Let's chat about it, please!