Community Programs - For Educators & Non-Profit Organizers
As an educator or community organization, it's incredibly important for diverse books to be available for ALL students and members of your community. It's our responsibility to ensure that all students/communities, but especially our young people from marginalized communities, have access to authentic stories reflecting who they are. It's equally as important for them to learn about others by reading different perspectives. Young people need both mirror texts (stories that reflect who they are) and window texts (stories that provide glimpse into others' worlds) to be thoughtful readers and people.
Here's how Tuma's Books can help you diversify your classroom library and curriculum or community program:
1. Free Membership for 10% off all orders + free shipping always. Simply log into your account. To join, all you need to do is subscribe to my mailing list using your work/school email and make sure to select educator.
2. Below you can browse children, middle grade, and young adult titles that I personally recommended for the classroom as an educator with 10 years of experience.
3. Subscribe to Monthly Book Club (for YA titles) or Mystery Book Club to receive regular deliveries of diverse books to your school or organization.
4. Sign up for Pre-Paid Book Club and save for 3, 6, or 12 months of diverse books.
5. Email me for specific recommendations for your population of students or community members at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Shop Wholesale/Bulk/Event Books by submitting a request. Or host a virtual/in-person book fair or book drive for your students.
7. Donate or Submit Request for our Free Diverse Books Donation Program.
8. Join Libro.fm's Complimentary Advanced Listening Copies (ALC) Program for Educators.
* * *